[ExI] Cryonics is getting weird

samantha sjatkins at mac.com
Tue May 18 00:09:36 UTC 2010

Stefano Vaj wrote:
> On 17 May 2010 15:32, BillK <pharos at gmail.com
> <mailto:pharos at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Court: Body must be dug up so that head can be frozen
>
>     The Associated Press . May 15, 2010
>
>     The siblings of a man who died more than a year ago must exhume his
>     body so his head can be cut off and cryogenically frozen, the Iowa
>     Court of Appeals has ruled.
>
>     <http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20100515/NEWS/5150330>
>

> This may be good news for Alcor or fulfil an exemplary purpose as to
> the respect of the deceased's will.

It seems to me that a totally different legal action should of
occurred.  Most likely failure to honor a will.  This seeking to dig up
a grave for no good purpose whatsoever is utterly ridiculous.

> But, OK, cryonics is certainly a better bet than putrefaction, but
> after one year of the latter it would seem a very, very marginally
> better bet.

There is nothing at all that can be done with such remains except to get
a copy of the deceased DNA.  The brain/mind is irrevocably lost short of
time travel and other unlikely scenarios.

- samantha