[ExI] Cryonics is getting weird

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue May 18 16:28:25 UTC 2010

The tradition is in doing funerals the way the deceased wanted.  Often it
turns into the relatives saying, in spite of clear evidence to the contrary,
"He would have wanted it this way," as they do it their own way.

> 1) It's certainly not traditional...

Ja, let us work to make it so.

> 2) It's certainly not a societal thing. (Most of society is
> against it)...

Ja, let us work to make them in favor.

> 3) It's not even funerary. It's classified as organ donation...

We need to work that angle more.  I don't see why a head would not be
considered an organ.  My brain is my second favorite organ.

> Wills can be set aside if mental incapacity can be proved.
> Care should be taken to protect against this possibility... BillK

Good point.  We need to watch for wills being set aside based on the notion
of mental incapacity as demonstrated by rejection of religious notions.