[ExI] freeze and shake

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri May 21 03:05:03 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of Gina Miller
> Subject: Re: [ExI] freeze and shake
>
> A life flushed down the drain. ...(Oh My Genetics)... Gina

Doesn't hafta, Gina.  Consider if Alcor were to expand its services to
include super-green disposal of one's remains.  As far as the family needs
to know, Alcor is the beneficiary of an eyeball donation (along with a cash
donation of say $100k) for a study to see what happens to corneas frozen for
an indefinite time, necessitating that the corneas remain in their original
packaging for the purposes of the experiment, with all neural attachments
intact.  Then one donates one's eyes to Alcor, the company freezes and
shatters the rest (everything from the neck down) to gravel and gives the
crushed ice to the family of the deceased.  If they have for whatever reason
heartburn with the notion of cryonics, I don't see why they would object to
an organ donation experiment.  So they stay out of the way.  Everyone wins,
ja?