[ExI] Cryonics is getting weird

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri May 21 23:12:13 UTC 2010

On 18 May 2010 19:42, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> Which makes me wonder how this works when for decades you have paid an
> insurance company for the specific purpose of having Alcor freeze your head,
> then that is prevented (your body is lost at sea, or your head crushed by a
> trip hammer, or your dearly beloved relatives have your remains buried)--is
> the company no longer obliged to pay anyone anything, or does the loot go to
> the estate, or to Alcor's coffers, or what?

Most of sensible contracts (possibly integrated  by last wills) would
provide for such events, and most reasonable jurisdictions would honor
both.

If nothing has been provided? I would say that the insurer would be in
the position to profit from the turn of  events which made the
fulfilment of its obligation impossible.

--
Stefano Vaj