[ExI] Ilsa Bartlett comments about our cryonics thread

samantha sjatkins at mac.com
Sun May 23 02:12:58 UTC 2010

John Grigg wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> My friend Ilsa Bartlett (currently studying to be a Buddhist Chaplain)
> wanted me to share these thoughts of hers with the list...
>
> Ilsa Bartlett wrote:
> I so want to add that from a chaplain's point of view the dead person
> has no say after he or she dies and that unless there is a tight power
> of attorney who will shepard the dead man's wishes, the living
> relatives have the right to do whatever they want.  And legally can
> both retain the money paid and do with the body according to their
> desires.  Imagine that you have no legal say once you are DEAD!
>
> My daughter told me that I can say anything I want, but that she would
> do what she wants, once I am dead.
I know these matters are delicate.  But if a relative of mine told me
upfront that they would ignore my dying wishes and terms of my will,
especially in a matter that is [future, however tenuous] life or [final]
death, I would disown them on the spot and write them out my will.
This stuff is deadly serious.

- samantha