[ExI] essentialism and/or continuity

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon May 24 10:58:26 UTC 2010

On 24 May 2010 10:01, Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Your body (including your brain) is made up of different matter
> compared to a few months ago, but you still feel you are the same
> person. The soul has magically flitted from one body to another.

To play the devil's advocate, everybody would feel he or she is the
"same person" absolutely in any circumstance.

"Feeling that you are a different person by now", or telling somebody
"you are not the same man I married" is a different kind of metaphor,
which would not even be applicable if some doubts really existed as to
the (conventional) identity of the individual involved.

--
Stefano Vaj