[ExI] Gene Patents: Good or Bad?

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Tue May 25 20:45:48 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Sondre Bjellås
<sondre-list at bjellas.com> wrote:
> Says who and what? Does it apply to all engineering fields?
>
> Quick Google search gives me:
> http://techrights.org/2009/07/11/study-shows-patents-stifle-innovation/
>
> " It’s extraordinary how the myth that patents somehow promote innovation is
> still propagated and widely accepted; and yet there is practically *no*
> empirical evidence that it’s true. All the studies that have looked at this
> area rigorously come to quite a different conclusion."

### That's the problem with a quick search - you can find a document
in support of virtually any opinion that has ever been articulated by
humankind.

Now, give me a direct link to a preferably peer-reviewed publication
on the subject of efficiency of patent law, and we could have a
discussion.

Rafal