[ExI] Gene Patents: Good or Bad?

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 19:13:55 UTC 2010

Which 12 countries? And did they control for other variables? (I'm not attacking the article -- which I haven't read in toto -- but just wondering because one might choose 12 countries to get any empirical results one wants -- provided there are enough confounding variables. After all, you wouldn't want to pit, say, America and Britain circa 1870 against, say, Tripoli and Tibet.)

Also, are these fairs the best measure, especially since they would be showcases for marketing, no? In other words, the thing being measured here might not be innovation per se -- and what is a good measure of innovation anyhow? -- but merely

Regards,

Dan