[ExI] Flash of insight...

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 13:07:16 UTC 2010

ablainey at aol.com wrote:

> This might show if the 'I' position is
> created by a physical reference to the sensory input
> or by the physical position of the brain itself. Do
> snails percieve themselves to be at a point
> somewhere between their eye stalks or in thier
> heads?

How could it be related to the physical position of
the brain?

You don't know where your brain is unless someone
tells you or you read it in a book, or extrapolate
from where someone else's is.  There is no direct
perception of the position of your brain, unlike, say,
your stomach.

The whole concept of the 'I' position is meaningless
anyway.  All you can say is where your current
/viewpoint/ is.  The feeling of being somewhere is
solely a product of your senses, and can change very
easily.

I particularly liked Spike's idea for locating your
awareness behind and above your own head, using a
camera on a pole.

Ben Zaiboc