[ExI] Eliezer S. Yudkowsky, Singularitarian Principles. Update?

Richard Loosemore rpwl at lightlink.com
Fri Nov 12 23:26:04 UTC 2010

Aleksei Riikonen wrote:
> Might as well comment on Loosemore's mudslingings for a change...
>
> Richard Loosemore is himself one of the very few people who have ever
> been kicked out from SL4 (the vast majority of people who strongly
> disagree with e.g. Eliezer of course haven't been kicked out), and
> ever since he has been talking nasty about Eliezer.
>
> Apparently Loosemore's beliefs now include e.g. that the person
> calling himself "Singularity Utopia" would be felt by Eliezer to be a
> threat :)  In light of such statements, I invite people to make their
> own judgements on how clearheaded Loosemore manages to be when
> commenting on Eliezer.

I feel honored to have been one of the few people to have challenged
Yudkowsky's ignorance.  It gave me - and anyone else who was
knowledgeable enough to have understood what happened - a chance to see
him for what he was.

Hey, I enjoy speaking the truth about the guy.  I do it partly because
it is fun to get sycophants like yourself riled up.   And, as long as
that outrageous, defamatory outburst of his is still online, and not
withdrawn, I'm afraid, Aleksei, that he is fair game.  ;-)

"Singularity Utopia" is not, of course, a threat.  You are correct about
that:  my mistake.

He only regards someone as a threat when he realizes that they are
smarter than he is, and when they have the moxy to talk about his state
of undress ....

Richard Loosemore