[ExI] Eliezer S. Yudkowsky, Singularitarian Principles. Update?

Aleksei Riikonen aleksei at iki.fi
Sat Nov 13 01:51:03 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 1:26 AM, Richard Loosemore <rpwl at lightlink.com> wrote:
> Aleksei Riikonen wrote:
>
>> Might as well comment on Loosemore's mudslingings for a change...
>>
>> Richard Loosemore is himself one of the very few people who have ever
>> been kicked out from SL4 (the vast majority of people who strongly
>> disagree with e.g. Eliezer of course haven't been kicked out), and
>> ever since he has been talking nasty about Eliezer.
>>
>> Apparently Loosemore's beliefs now include e.g. that the person
>> calling himself "Singularity Utopia" would be felt by Eliezer to be a
>> threat :)  In light of such statements, I invite people to make their
>> own judgements on how clearheaded Loosemore manages to be when
>> commenting on Eliezer.
>
> I feel honored to have been one of the few people to have challenged
> Yudkowsky's ignorance.  It gave me - and anyone else who was knowledgeable
> enough to have understood what happened - a chance to see him for what he
> was.
>
> Hey, I enjoy speaking the truth about the guy.  I do it partly because it is
> fun to get sycophants like yourself riled up.   And, as long as that
> outrageous, defamatory outburst of his is still online, and not withdrawn,
> I'm afraid, Aleksei, that he is fair game.  ;-)
>
> "Singularity Utopia" is not, of course, a threat.  You are correct about
> that:  my mistake.
>
> He only regards someone as a threat when he realizes that they are smarter
> than he is, and when they have the moxy to talk about his state of undress

I also enjoy this message of yours, though there might not be much
similarity in the reasons for our enjoyment.

Anyway, good luck to you in your future endeavours. I trust you feel
that you are being a very serious, factual and successful person, and
anticipate great things to come for you, since you see yourself as
e.g. smarter than Eliezer.

(You might however want to pay a bit more attention to how prone you
yourself are to defamatory outbursts. In your capacity for such
behaviour you certainly seem superior to Eliezer.)

--
Aleksei Riikonen - http://www.iki.fi/aleksei