[ExI] Transhumanist Declaration

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Sat Oct 9 14:05:04 UTC 2010

Do you have a link to the work you have been doing?

People with disabilities are not subhuman, they are human.  We all have
disabilities to some degree and unfortunately some people have them to a
large degree.

I do not think we have a moral obligation to improve the disabilities of
humans before a transhuman, posthuman or upload (TPU)obtains radical
prolongevity.  Those with disabilities who are unable to make the
distinction concerning enhancement ought to be protected by a right to have
their disabilities cured to a human level and then they can make their own
choices about TPU. I consider this action to be a "humane act of
awareness/consciousness/kindness to other people" rather than a "moral
obligation".

best,
 <http://www.natasha.cc/> Natasha Vita-More

  _____