[ExI] TransDisabled [WAS:Transhumanist Declaration]

ablainey at aol.com ablainey at aol.com
Tue Oct 12 09:23:54 UTC 2010

 Sorry no good links (Coming soon).
Likewise I see it as an act of kindness, empathy and basic humanity and that was really what I meant by 'moral obligation'. I am trying to square up my own direction as I have real problems working on projects that might elevate the able bodied further above those with disability. Thinking about having superhuman senses, abilities and life span while others suffer to have 'normal' levels of the aforementioned makes my heart sink.
I hate most of the terminology relating to disabled people, even the term disabled seems derogatory. I fully agree we all have disabilities, I myself am colour blind, dyslexic, have arthritis, shot knees and a herniated disk and that's before the myriad of mental oddities ;o)

Just a crisis of conscience making me re-evaluate things.