[ExI] Transhumanist Declaration

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 16:25:01 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Natasha Vita-More  wrote:
> WTA did not develop the Transhumanist Declaration or the FAQ.  These two
> documents were the vision of a few people and written by a few and then
> edited by a dozen or so people before WTA voted to adopt them.  So, there
> were in existence prior to WTA's formation.

Ah, I see. That's what the H+ site says as well.
Quote:
The Declaration was originally written in 1998 by an international
group of authors, and then modified and re-adopted by the Humanity+
membership in 2002. This revision was adopted by the Humanity+ Board
in March, 2009.

So there were several versions of the document. It appears that the
version on the H+ site was modified by the WTA before adoption though.
I think the originals of both the Declaration and the FAQ have
disappeared from view leaving only the versions adopted by H+.  H+
does give credit to the many people involved in developing these
documents.

(The wording on the Wikipedia article probably needs some amendments).

BillK