[ExI] Psi in a major science journal, J. Personality and Social Psychology

Richard Loosemore rpwl at lightlink.com
Thu Oct 21 00:17:19 UTC 2010

Isabelle Hakala wrote:
> Dear Snarky Damien,
>
> I *did* read the paper, at least through the end of the first
> experiment, and honestly, unless they post the CODE for the program,
> there is no way to know if there is a cheat involved. I didn't have time
> to read the entire 65 page document, but after the first experiment I
> was pretty much done. Since the program chooses the placement of the
> picture AFTER the person inputs where they feel it will be, that could
> be RIFE for cheating.

Uh, I think that Damien's comment kinda presumed you wouldn't have read
it and THEN come up with the "but they could have just faked it" objection.

That objection is just too far below the belt.

I mean, the same objection works for Einstein, too:  "Hey Albert, I
don't buy this stupid relativity crap:  all those people who claim to
have made measurements consistent with your theory ... they could all
have just faked their results".

Richard Loosemore