[ExI] Psi in a major science journal, J. Personality and Social Psychology

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Oct 21 00:40:02 UTC 2010

On 10/20/2010 7:17 PM, Richard Loosemore wrote:

> I think that Damien's comment kinda presumed you wouldn't have read it
> and THEN come up with the "but they could have just faked it" objection.

Exactly. Why bother reading even a single word of a scientific paper if
that's your preordained position?

And if it's not, what would satisfy Isabelle, who began by stating:

"I totally believe in psi... I simply have doubts that someone has
figured out how to prove it exists, without cheating somehow."

This is a very odd declaration, not the sort of thing one might propose
about anything other than "faith-based" (i.e. public-evidence-free)
propositions, I'd have thought.

Damien Broderick