[ExI] Clarification of me and uploading.

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 15:54:03 UTC 2010

2010/10/22 Alan Grimes <agrimes at speakeasy.net>

> > Further, mass is needed to interact with the world.  A computer, by
> > itself with no connection to robot limbs or other mechanical controls,
> > can not actually do anything.
>
> His idea is that by reducing the ENTIRE UNIVERSE to computronium, actual
> physical interactions would become obsolete.

That's more than "swirling about the sun" - i.e., just the solar system.

Problem is, the entire universe is large - and unknown - enough that it does
not
serve as a viable endgame.

Do the solar system?  There's the rest of the galaxy.

Do the galaxy?  Local cluster.

Skip a step and do the entire local supercluster?  There's more.

Physical interaction will continue to be needed for a long, possibly
indefinite,
time.  Therefore, reducing everything to noninteractive computronium is a
nonstarter.