[ExI] Physics versus psychology

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 21:53:04 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 10:26 PM, spike  wrote:
> I have looked at it from a slightly different direction: there seems to be a
> strong connection between genes and the likelihood certain memes will spread
> and prosper in a given population.
>
> The EP explanation for certain behavior is as good as anything I have seen,
> as well as the behavior of domestic dogs and cats.  Those do not really need
> to be tamed, for they descended from ancestors that were tamed successfully
> and bred.  Even third or fourth generation feral cats are more comfortable
> hanging around humans than their cousins the bobcat.
>
> I see plenty of predictive power in EP as Keith has described it.

But is it nature or nurture?

Do you stay away from the lions because you have inherited genes from
people who stayed away from lions?
Or,
Do you stay away from lions because your parents and other high status
members of the tribe tell / order you to stay away from the lions?

And those who ignore the orders don't reproduce, so your submissive
personality does reproduce and produces more people who will follow
orders.

BillK

BillK