[ExI] Quantum Homeopathy?

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue Oct 26 16:01:06 UTC 2010

I know nothing about this topic (except that I have always assumed it
was nonsense for all the obvious reasons--e.g. if impossibly small
traces of stuff the water was once in contact with has an effect, why
don't we all get poisoned when we drink from the faucet), but a senior
scientist I know commented:

< Structured water has become of interest lately.  See these refs:

1. a review of water structure, and possible relevance to homeopathy, at
http://site.fixherpes.com/roy_structure_water.pdf

2. computer simulations showing growth of structure in liquid water and
explanations in terms of cooperativity, at
http://arxiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0206354

3. the experimental work of Gerald Pollack of the U. of Washington,
including a video of a official university lecture that he gave,
available both on YouTube and the UoW web site.

 > “For the past decade the UW researcher has been convincing
 > worldwide audiences that water isn’t quite a liquid. In many cases
 > — in the neighborhood of electrically charged, or water-loving,
 > surfaces — it’s more like a gel, or a liquid crystal.” —
 > “We found something astonishing,” Pollack recalls. A few of his
 > scientific predecessors had proposed that a charged surface could
 > cause water molecules to line up, as they do in a crystal, as far out
 > as 100 molecules. But his experiments showed dissolved particles
 > disappeared and light waves behaved differently — two clues that
 > the water molecules are lined up — in a layer 1 million molecules
 > wide. That’s more than 10,000 times what was previously believed.
 >
 > Recently, independent research confirmed his group’s early results,
 > which initially drew skepticism from the scientific establishment
 > because they question long-held premises.” >

Damien Broderick