[ExI] "Is the Universe a Big Hologram? This Device Could Find Out"

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 16:31:39 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 2:27 AM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> According to Einstein’s view on the universe, space-time should be smooth
> and continuous. However, this view may need to be modified as space-time may
> be composed of quantum 'points” if Hogan’s theory is correct. At its finest
> scale, we should be able to probe down the 'Planck length” which measures
> 10-35 meters. But the GEO600 experiment detected noise at scales of less
> than 10-15 meters.

I'm not sure the author of the article understands that Planck length
isn't a range of ten to thirty five _meters_

After that is explained, then the 1.6E-35 is still much much smaller
than x.yE-15
(detecting anything at x.yE-15 is still pretty damned impressive though)

I'd ask how long is a Holometer, but I guess they aren't finished
building it yet  :)