[ExI] don't let your guard down, not for a minute...

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 21:17:11 UTC 2010

On 9/9/10, spike wrote:
> Really, what do you make of this?

Fidel Castro said on Friday his recent comment that communist-led
Cuba's economic model does not work was badly understood and that what
he really meant was that capitalism does not work.

<http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6894UK20100910>

Goldberg wrote in a blog on Wednesday that he asked Castro, 84, if
Cuba's model was still worth exporting to other countries.

"The Cuban model doesn't even work for us anymore," Castro told him.

Castro confirmed that he said those words "without bitterness or concern."
But, he said, "the reality is that my response means exactly the opposite."
"My idea, as the whole world knows, is that the capitalist system now
doesn't work either for the United States or the world, driving it
from crisis to crisis, which are each time more serious."