[ExI] don't let your guard down, not for a minute...

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Sat Sep 11 13:08:22 UTC 2010

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 01:44:46PM +0100, BillK wrote:

> As Damien pointed out there is a history of the Extropian list being
> inclined towards the US-style individualistic 'John Wayne'
> libertarianism. (Get orrfff my land!).

"Get orrff my land! My daddy stole it from yours fair and square! You
can come work for me though.  Free choice, right?  Not like I'm making
you starve otherwise.  I just own the land."

> The newer European list members have a different outlook. As does the
> younger generation with its always connected group-think. The
> direction of new technology is towards a merging of minds, always
> linked, always discussing, wanting to be together, part of the group.

The younger generation also gets to see economic deregulation result in
economic failure and the BP disaster.  Plus the whole 9/11 world.

-xx- Damien X-)