[ExI] don't let your guard down, not for a minute...

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 12:44:46 UTC 2010

On 9/11/10, Alfio Puglisi wrote:
> Indeed. I've always thought that, while capitalism is better suited for the
> current social environment full of mere darwin-evolved and self-maximising
> human beings, transhumanism is instead a necessary step before communism -
> if you have better human beings, you can make communism work. Whether those
> transhumanist-in-progress will decide to evolve themselves into such
> material or not, it's another story.

As Damien pointed out there is a history of the Extropian list being
inclined towards the US-style individualistic 'John Wayne'
libertarianism. (Get orrfff my land!).
The newer European list members have a different outlook. As does the
younger generation with its always connected group-think. The
direction of new technology is towards a merging of minds, always
linked, always discussing, wanting to be together, part of the group.

BillK