[ExI] don't let your guard down, not for a minute...

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 13 04:19:26 UTC 2010

On Sep 10, 2010, at 9:24 AM, Tim Halterman wrote:

> "I'd say produce or starve is a flaw."

A flaw in the nature of the universe perhaps.

> "Capitalism requires people to do something they possibly may not wish to do"

As does communism.

> "I'm not going to defend the Soviet Union, that wasn't really my point.  I will say however [...]"

The use of the word "however" in the above context seems as inappropriate to me as saying "The holocaust was bad, however [...]

The truth of the matter is that the Soviet Union was just about as evil as Nazi germany.

> "We all pay taxes, we all own a piece of a gun."

Interesting choice of words. I pay taxes for one reason only, I have to, there is a figurative gun pointed at my head; and if I really got serious about not paying my taxes I would soon find myself with a literal gun pointing at my head.

 John K Clark