[ExI] Best metric for gauging progress towards the singularity?

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Sat Sep 25 19:17:05 UTC 2010

Welcome Omar,

Yes, it would be great to know more about you.

Very interesting topic.  About the best way I have of thinking about
things is critical milestones such as:

1.    Scientific discovery of how the ineffable phenomenal qualities of
consciousness relate to their neural correlates.   Ultimately this will
lead to conscious effing of the ineffable, unification and expansion of
our phenomenal conscious minds.  It will allow us to realize what we, or
our phenomenal 'spirits' are (as defined and predicted in the expert
consensus 'Representational Qualia Theory' camp here
http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/88/6 )  Of course, once we objectively
discover the phenomenal nature of reality and how our knowledge of
ourselves is represented by such, our conscious knowledge of ourselves
will finally be able to phenomenally escape from the mortal spirit veil
of perception prison walls that are our skull.  Of course, achieving
this, as predicted by this expert consensus camp, solves most all of our
problems from mortality to still being stuck with primitive animalistic,
slow static, unable to really communicate minds (the cause of war and
all other problems).

2.    When the last person dies.  (the mortality rate finally reaches 0)

3.    Every  human and memory is finally restored and 'resurected'.

Who knows how long each of these will take.  Many probably doubt the
possibility of ever achieving  number 3.  But I bet we are on the virge
of number one, which I believe will be the greatest world changing
scientific achievement of all time.  The biggest problem we are facing,
is communicating what the expert consensus already knows (as is being
proved by the consciousness survey project at canonizer.com), to
everyone else and the real nuts and bolts researchers looking at the
neurons and funding the research of such.

Looking forward to finding out more about what you think of all such.

Brent Allsop