[ExI] san jose tech museum's take on the singularity

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 07:31:57 UTC 2010

I wrote:
Spike, perhaps you and other transhumanists could light a fire under
the Tech Museum to get them to do a special presentation about the
Singularity and Ray Kurzweil?  And perhaps Mr. Kurzweil could even
help fund the thing...

Amara Angelica responded:
Good idea. Could include a transhumanist/Singularity exhibit? Start with
Natasha's Primo Posthuman and ...

It feels great that I may have just planted a seed that will germinate
into something wonderful!

Spike wrote:
...the truth is that family comes first.  Even if one is a monster brain like
Ray Kurzweil, do let us face it with all sober honesty: the singularity
might or might not be all that near.  But family is here and now, and gone
far too soon.

Spike, this is so true.

We should run Mormon Church-style television ads that show a happy
family as a honey-voiced narrator says, "The truth is that family
comes first, because the Singularity might or might not be all that
near."  "But family is here and now, and sadly gone far too soon."
"To learn more about the Singularity, please go to
www.singularityforabetterlife.com"  "A message from your friends, the
transhumanists."

John  : )