[ExI] pale diet again: RE: It's not only the fittest who survive.

Mr Jones mrjones2020 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 17:07:26 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 3:24 AM, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com>wrote:

> Serious question to the paleo dieters... Why would we emulate a diet
> that resulted in a 25 year life span? I understand the bit about us
> being evolved to the diet, but we also were living short fast
> difficult lives at the time. Is that what we want to return to? It
> just seems counter intuitive to me.

Clean water/sanitation are two areas that have significantly extended our
lives.  The paleo dieters of past didn't suffer from the diet itself, other
than lack of supply perhaps.  Their short lifespans were due to other
circumstances, not malnutrition.

I recently came across information claiming that the process of cooking
foods itself causes an immune response during digestion, and recommends that
at least 51% of each meal be raw/uncooked food to prevent/counter this
response.

I've been eating raw/uncooked as much as possible, and I've got to say, it
really does make a difference.  You have so much more energy.