[ExI] Millions of tons to space

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 12:47:51 UTC 2011

On 6 April 2011 06:24, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think of many outcomes, this one is very much within the realm of
> possibility. The ethics of preservation would have to be accepted by
> the AGIs... which is why artificial ethics is such an important area
> for the future of biological humanity (not to mention the rest of the
> biosphere). I can see Earth being a museum piece.

I have no definite position on the subject. Of course, what appears
essential i the preservation of the *information* - which if anything
is more likely to succeed in a posthuman and technologically avanced
context as opposed to its contrary. Do we really want to preserve the
actual *rocks*? I am not so sure, but I am also not sure of the
contrary. :-/

OTOH, I do not see what this may have to do with "artificial" ethics
or with ethics at all. I do expect anthropomorfic AGIs to have
splitted, controversial opinions on the subject as most biological
humans today do. I do not see how and why running in silicon would
change one's view in this respect.

--
Stefano Vaj