[ExI] Efficiency of wind power.

John Clark Jonkc at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 9 05:23:19 UTC 2011

On Apr 8, 2011, at 6:00 PM, Kelly Anderson wrote:

> Now there is local heating, such as the well documented fact that
> cities are a few degrees warmer than the surrounding country side.
> This is hardly a climate issue

Of course it's a climate issue! If you change the Earth's albedo you change the climate in a fundamental way because you change the amount of energy that drives the entire show, and solar cells are black and only 20% efficient. But to be honest global warming rather bores me, I just enjoy throwing environmental arguments back at people.

> As for the materials required to create solar panels, they are
> working on many different alternatives. Some of my favorite are
> biological, and require no special equipment.

Moonbeams. I'm talking about technologies that we have right now that are ready to take over the MASSIVE job of driving the world's economy from fossil fuels, and like it or not I know of only one, nuclear.

 John K Clark