[ExI] Ray Kurzweil ranks 41 in TIME's 2011 TIME 100 Poll

Amon Zero amon at doctrinezero.com
Mon Apr 11 09:30:28 UTC 2011

2011/4/11 spike <spike66 at att.net>

> I was also pleased to see Christopher Hitchens at number 7.  It worries me
> that I have never heard of any of those six above Hitchens, and I am
> completely baffled that “Rain” gets over a quarter of a million votes.
> Perhaps a pop star?  American Idol winners?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_%28entertainer%29

Not sure what TIME's definition of "influential" was, but by some
definitions, Rain fits. Although in that case there seems to be a
correlation between 'influential' (now) and 'inconsequential' (some months
or years down the line).

This is why a scaled-up Athenian democracy would be a bad, bad idea!   ;-)

- A