[ExI] Paleo diet and sustainability

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 17:50:41 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 11:22 AM, J. Stanton <js_exi at gnolls.org> wrote:

I am really getting annoyed at the postings on this list.  I would
think the people who post here should understand Extropy.

snip

>  seven billion people is far, far
> beyond the sustainable population of the Earth even if you posit nearly free
> energy . . . .

That is utter nonsense.  With really low cost energy you can make
fresh water out of salt and pump it inland a thousand miles.

Likewise, you can salvage phosphorous our of sewage and ship it back
to the farms.

Not that this means a lot.  I seriously doubt there will be any
biologically based people left by 2100.

Keith