[ExI] "Atlas Shrugged" film review

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sat Apr 23 08:27:45 UTC 2011

On Apr 21, 2011, at 9:01 PM, spike wrote:

>> ... On Behalf Of Samantha Atkins
>>

>>> Reporters don't have security clearances.  Those with the clearances
>>> are not at liberty to report.  See George Tenet, former director of
>>> the CIA, in his explanation of the reasoning for invading Iraq, Center of
> the Storm.
>>

>> ...You did not need a security clearance to know that Iraq had no WMD +
> delivery methods that were remotely a threat to us before the Iraq invasion.
> Simple examination of what we did no and a modest amount of analysis would
> have made it quite clear with 99.99% probability of a correct conclusion...
>
> , she said with complete self-confidence.  But did she look up Tenet?  Once
> you get past his annoying habit of bashing any and every conservative at any
> and every opportunity, Tenet does a reasonably good job of summarizing what
> we had in 2002, and how it was that people from a bunch of countries who
> looked at it decided they needed to participate in the invasion.
>
> Also note that George Piro's report came out after Tenet's book was
> released.  Tenet mentions Piro on page 332 (misspelling his name) but Piro's
> full report didn't come out until January 2008.  The bookmark in my copy of
> Tenet has the date 1 May 2007.  I do remember that day in the San Francisco
> airport when they were hauling in copies of Center of the storm.  It seemed
> like every fourth traveller had his nose in a copy of that book.
>
> Between Piro and Tenet, one gets a pretty good idea of what happened.  Both
> writers blame Bush and blame Saddam more:  Saddam for faking that he was
> developing nukes, Bush for falling for it.

Sigh.  We had been bombing anything that could remotely be the manufacturing capability to do anything with nukes since the first Iraq War and severely limiting incoming supplies to the country.  There was absolutely no possibility that Iraq had any capability as the hype said to fire and land a missile of any kind anywhere in the US.   They didn't even have the capacity to keep they normal pharmaceuticals up much less launch some biological attack on the US.

- s