[ExI] Machine Intelligence Survey

Richard Loosemore rpwl at lightlink.com
Sat Apr 23 17:04:07 UTC 2011

Anders Sandberg wrote:
> Here are the results (long delayed) of the survey on AGI we did at the
> Winter Intelligence workshop:
> http://www.fhi.ox.ac.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0015/21516/MI_survey.pdf
>
> Validity questionable, but the results are consistent with earlier
> surveys - the kind of people who respond to this tend to think
> mid-century human-level AI is fairly plausible, with a tail towards the
> far future. Opinions on the overall effect were not divided but bimodal
> - it will likely be really good or really bad, not something in between.

Is there going to be a full conference proceedings available from this
Winter Intelligence workshop...?

I heard :-) that your FHI has been so overwhelmed with work as a result
of the Winter Intelligence workshop that practically no other work could
be done ..... and yet, so far, the only products of that overwhelming
amount of work appear to be a one-page summary that said that everyone
had a good time, and an opinion survey in which a lot of people who do
not actually work in the AGI field speculate about when it is coming.  :-)

So, I assume some kind of book or full report is in the works...?

Richard Loosemore