[ExI] Machine Intelligence Survey

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Sat Apr 23 20:19:13 UTC 2011

Thank You Anders!!

That was very fascinating information.  It would sure be fun to make
something like this more dynamic, and increasingly comprehensive, i.e.
it'd be fun to be able to participate, and see others I know included.

The averages of the 10%, 50%, and 90% ranges seemed to be right on where
my personal beliefs are.  I thought such a crowd would be much more
optimistic / aggressive than that so the results were surprisingly
conservative to me.

Also, the free text, can you think of any milestones, section was
fascinating.  Open survey questions like this are what canonizer.com was
designed for.  It would enable the people with many similar ideas to
colaboratively merge them in a consensus building way and get a
comparative quantitative measure of just how many people accepted the
best of such ideas.  Also, it is more open ended so the survey continues
on indefinitely, allowing anyone interested to contribute, for people to
jump camps, when their camp is finally falsified, and so on.  So we can
track things going forward, know, definitively, when an expert consensus
is achieved, and so on.

Towards that end, I've created a canonizer.com survey topic and started
a camp of my own, for your milestones question number 4 here:

http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/121

It'd be great to expand such survey's, make them much more
comprehensive, and track where everyone is as ever more scientific data
comes in, and be able to use such material as very convincing
educational references for others on such important still theoretical
topics.

Anders, would you be interested in cross linking your survey back to
this, so perhaps any others interested in participating in the future my
be aware of this possibility at canonizer.com?

Brent Allsop