[ExI] Did Hugo de Garis leave the field?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 11:00:25 UTC 2011

On 26 April 2011 10:43, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:
> Looking at the performance curve database by Bela Nagy at the Santa Fe
> Institute, http://pcdb.santafe.edu/ and especially his analysis of them,
> http://192.12.12.16/events/workshops/images/4/4f/Nagy.ModelingOrganizationalComplexity.pdf
> suggests that there is quite a lot of progress in quite a lot of domains.
> Those exponentials are not that unique.

One wonders however if breakthroughs and paradigm shifts are not what
ultimately counts, and what the metrics thereof might be...

I submit that technological optimism is declining also because the
perceived pace of change, both in our view of the world and in our
control thereof, is dramatically lower than that we were experiencing
a few decades ago.

--
Stefano Vaj