[ExI] PaleoCRON?

Jones Murphy morphy at alumni.caltech.edu
Tue Apr 26 20:05:39 UTC 2011

I do agree re "maximum lifespan" not moving out very much, probably.
For most people, what matters is their individual life expectancy, and
"squaring the curve" is quite a big deal. Emotionally healthy humans
seem to have a very hard time doing severe CR. Anorexics, who do have
the self-discipline to practice quite severe CR, have terrible body
image problems. None that I know of have yet been convinced to follow
a CRON program in an organized way. I doubt we'll get much data on
severe CR in humans before alternative anti-aging therapies are
developed which trump CR. I've pondered conducting such studies in
very poor countries where people are starving and malnourished anyway
and CR would be an improvement, but there are obvious ethical problems
with that.