[ExI] Status as human motivator

Jones Murphy morphy at alumni.caltech.edu
Wed Apr 27 08:29:00 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 8:15 AM, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 10:56 PM, Olga Bourlin <olga.bourlin at gmail.com> wrote:

>> "Racial and ethnic prejudice is notably uncommon [among hackers] and
>> tends to be met with freezing contempt."
>
> Do you recognize where this comes from or how old it is?
>
> Keith

I don't recognize where this comes from, or how old it is. But I do
recognize how laughably false it is. Hackers are people, and are
influenced by their parent cultures, including bigotry, tribalism,
hierarchism, and other irrationalities. Sure, being generally more
educated and logical than average certainly helps. But it generally
does not totally cure ongoing indoctrination depending on the strength
of that indoctrination.