[ExI] PaleoCRON?

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Apr 27 18:09:08 UTC 2011

Subject: Re: [ExI] PaleoCRON?

On 27 April 2011 18:22, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
>> A factor I haven't really seen or heard is the fact that food itself has
evolved, very rapidly recently, with noticeable changes even in
> our lifetimes...

>...Today's portions in great restaurants, and also in up home hospitality
meals, are much smaller than they used to be in my grand-parents'
time, even though they cost the same or more to the patron or to the host.
-- Stefano Vaj

Hmmm, indeed.  Clearly I need to either travel to Europe or go to a great
restaurant.  It may very well be that I have never been to one that would
fit your definition of "great restaurant."  {8^D  I am not much of a foodie.

In the states, I have watched over the past 3 decades as restaurant servings
went from big to bigger to enormous to absurd.  I can never eat it all, even
if I pre-starve.