[ExI] PaleoCRON?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 17:15:54 UTC 2011

On 27 April 2011 18:22, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> A factor I haven't really seen or heard is the fact that food itself has
> evolved, very rapidly recently, with noticeable changes even in our
> lifetimes.  Our food is so much more appealing than in past centuries, where
> humans generally hadn't the luxury to fuss over their meals, nor enjoy mass
> produced prepared meals.  If we merely compensate for the rapid evolution of
> food, we are in a sense performing mild CR.  If we fail to compensate, we
> are doing negative CR.  Never mind eating the way we evolved, just eat the
> way humans did a couple centuries ago.

Interesting point.

OTOH, sensorial satisfaction from 3-star Michelin treats already tends
to compensate for substantially smaller quantities of food.

Today's portions in great restaurants, and also in up home hospitality
meals, are much smaller than they used to be in my grand-parents'
time, even though they cost the same or more to the patron or to the
host.

--
Stefano Vaj