[ExI] How slow is capitalism?

Olga Bourlin olga.bourlin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 04:45:36 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 8:20 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki
<rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

> ### You are right Stefano - anybody conflating libertarians and
> fascists is just a troll. Interestingly, I get called a Nazi and
> occasionally racist with disturbing regularity .... these trolls are
> getting underfoot everywhere.

The word "troll" is being used so often these days that it's fast
becoming meaningless.  Everyone with whom one disagrees, it seems,
becomes a viable "troll" candidate.

On Facebook a couple of weeks ago I read something that made my head
spin.  After whining about Obama for a bit, someone decided to try for
that edgy, all-out clever bit of observation by writing, "Nixon was
more liberal than Obama."

I corrected him by illustrating the gaping holes in his reasoning.

His response was not to challenge me on the points I made, but to call
me an "Obama troll."

"Troll" is kind of like the new, improved, all-purpose ad hominem :).

Except that it's still not a good argument.