[ExI] How slow is capitalism?

Jones Murphy morphy at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat Apr 30 04:52:42 UTC 2011

"Troll" means to me someone who isn't serious about what they're
saying and is just trying to pick a fight. Rafal is in for a rude
shock for the rest of his life if he thinks he will get any letup in
the number of people who recognize that most people who call
themselves "libertarian" are just right wingers. We're not trolls. We
just look at the sorts of leaders most popular among those who call
themselves "libertarians" and recognize exactly what they are. You
will frequently see American libertarians nominate Presidential
candidates like Ron Paul and Bob Barr who are Republicans with a
consistent history of opposition to Civil Rights, Voting Rights, gay
rights, birth control rights, and other conservative bugaboos. You
will not see them nominating anyone who has fought for those kinds of
liberties in any significant way. By their fruits ye shall know them,
and libertarians are overwhelmingly old-school conservative tribalists
and hierarchists, frequently in a very annoying and unexamined way.