[ExI] death of a pv installation: was RE: How slow is capitalism?

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 20:44:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Jones Murphy
<morphy at alumni.caltech.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 8:23 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
>

>> Now we have an energy czar (Van Jones) who wants to confer human rights on
>> the planet earth.  I can't tell if that is a promotion from a dead rock or a
>> demotion from the goddess Gaia.
>
> Van Jones has not been an energy czar for 2 years now. He was fired
> almost immediately after Obama took office because of yet another
> race-baiting controversy manufactured by Breitbart and Fox News  over
> his supposed signature of some petition accusing Bush of committing
> 9/11. The petition's authors( 911truth.org ) later admitted his
> signature was faked, but it was too late.

Van Jones also had a pretty extensively documented past as a devoted
communist. I have heard recordings of him saying the following (think
of the voice of a southern Baptist preacher while reading):

"This movement is deeper than a solar panel. Deeper than a solar
panel. Don’t stop there. Don’t stop there. No, we’re going to change
the whole system. We’re going to change the whole thing. We’re not
going to put a new battery in a broken system. We want a new system.
We want a new system."

"And our Native American sisters and brothers who were pushed and
bullied and mistreated and shoved into all the land we didn’t want,
where it was all hot and windy, well, guess what, renewable energy.
Guess what, solar industry. Guess what, wind industry. They now own
and control 80% of the renewable energy resources. No more broken
treaties. No more broken treaties. Give them the wealth. Give them the
wealth. Give them the dignity. Give them the respect that they
deserve. No justice on stolen land. We owe them a debt."

"The white polluters and the white environmentals(sic) are essentially
steering poison into the people of colored communities."

Those seem like some pretty radical and irresponsible statements IMHO
for someone in a position of power in the government.

Thankfully now he's working for the 'Center For American Progress'
where he can't do much harm, or can he? A November 2008 article in
Time stated that "not since the Heritage Foundation helped guide
Ronald Reagan's transition in 1981 has a single outside group held so
much sway." Oh snap.

-Kelly