[ExI] Captchas

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Aug 13 18:21:46 UTC 2011

>".I would rather piss on a spark plug than."

This comment reminded me of a funny story.  Do indulge me, for I am in a
mood for funny stories.

Far too many years ago, in the early 80s, women were coming into the
engineering world in significant numbers for the first time.  At the end of
the young professionals yearlong tour, they were assigned positions, after
which there was the traditional wild party in the desert (young single
crowd), but this year was different in that in addition to the usual fifteen
or so young men, there were four engineering women.  So, the traditional
venue, a local park with no improvements other than a couple picnic tables,
was unsuitable since it had no bathrooms or even an outhouse.  This had
never been an issue before, since it was all guys out there anyways.  The
women proposed the venue be moved to a more suitable location, but in the
Navy, tradition is sacred, so on went the party in the usual place, which
annoyed the young ladies, since they would suffer far more inconvenience
should they opt to join the lads in devouring excessive quantities of beer.
They plotted revenge.

At the party, tradition demanded the new engineers endure a round of Beer
Hand Luke.  This consisted of the participant holding 32 ounce bottle of
beer in each hand, at which time his hands (his, meaning male participant)
would be taped over with sturdy duct tape, plenty of it.  Now the caps on
both bottles would be opened.  He was to finish both bottles before the tape
came off.  Otherwise, well, no one there was going to unzip the trousers of
the hapless Beer Hands, and so he might go home smelling rather fragrant.
Hey, it's the Navy, this is tradition, live with it.

The party went on, out in that desert park with no restrooms.  Beer flowed,
and a good time was had, but when the tape came off, immediately the newly
freed Beer Hands would scamper off into the inky blackness of the desert to
allow the beer to go free.  But this time, the revenge-minded ladies had
come prepared.  They were aiming their camera in the approximate direction
of the sound and FLASH.  Monday comes, and around are being passed a number
of photographs of robust urine streams, most of which showed only from about
the waist down.  The photos made the rounds, as the office ladies tried to
match skin tones of the hands and penii to decide which photo went with
which lad.

The one thing I noticed, which sticks with me to this day, is that even the
most robust urine stream immediately dispersed into an arc of individual
droplets, which was quite educational.  I realized that a urine stream would
probably not be electrical conductor.  All those stories about hobos
urinating upon the third rail of the subway track and having their privates
blown off were apparently mythical urban legends.

Years went by.  A fun local TV show called Mythbusters actually tested the
notion with a urinating dummy.  They confirmed that indeed, any urine or
water stream consists of individual droplets and is not particularly
conductive to electricity.  Buster the anthropomorphic dummy could safely
urinate on the third rail all he wanted.

I learned that the tradition is alive to this day, although they have
inexplicably changed the name of it to Edward Beer Hands.