[ExI] Humanity+ Talk The new Century

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Wed Aug 17 16:55:04 UTC 2011

Nice site and I love the graphics. But I am not too fond of zero suffering.
In fact, I don't mind a little headache every now and then and actually I
like a solid mental or physical struggle to overcome.  The notion of a zero
suffering reminds me of the notion of "perfection", which is something I
find little value in because once perfection is reached, there is no further
aim/goal.  The very act of perfection, in and of itself, lacks praxis. I
wonder if the same could be said of "zero suffering".  If it is a
"transhuman praxis" you are fostering (and the transhuman praxis is what I
personally value above all else), then it must not have zero suffering in
order to be a viable praxis.

Natasha

 <http://www.natasha.cc/> Natasha Vita-More

Chair, <http://humanityplus.org/>  Humanity+