[ExI] free lisp textbook, was: RE: ai class at stanford

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 04:11:38 UTC 2011

2011/8/26 spike <spike66 at att.net>:
>>... On Behalf Of Emlyn
>

>>…If anyone's looking for some lisp reading, Paul Graham's "On Lisp"(which I
>> haven't read, but intend to) seems to be one of those great classics of the
>> computing field. You can buy it for $150 used on Amazon, or you can just
>> download it free from Paul Graham's web site, here:
>

> http://www.paulgraham.com/onlisptext.html
>
> --
>
> Emlyn
>

> Friends, it is exactly this kind of thing that keeps my hopes high that we
> are indeed standing on the threshold of a dream.  It was recent enough to be
> fresh in our collective memory that knowledge was so very expensive.  Now so
> much of it is free, we cannot even collect the gifts in the severely limited
> time we have on this old planet.
>

> spike

I totally agree Spike. We are now, for all practical purposes, in a
world of abundant (non-scarce) information. The problem now is, how do
you get it into your head? We stand in front of the ocean with a
drinking straw.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about this problem, here's my
thoughts in detail:

http://point7.wordpress.com/2010/11/23/deep-learning-2-0/
http://point7.wordpress.com/2011/08/13/follow-up-to-deep-learning-2-0/

--