[ExI] commentary by one of ours

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Dec 3 20:15:59 UTC 2011

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Darren Greer
.

 Actually, authors and publishers are starting to use Youtube to promote,
with something called book trailers. At the risk of being accused of self
promotion, here is one my publisher did of my second novel. It was their
first animated trailer. I'm not sure it actually sold any books, but I
thought it was neat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GwGQVHPjrc

Hey Darren, your YouTube ad worked: it created in me a desire to read your
book.  Regardless if I follow through and read it or not, the ad did what
ads do: it informed and compelled me.

I see it is big on the LGBT lists.  I don't really know if I would relate.
Were I an American Indian, my name would be Straight Arrow.  But there is a
good chance I will get and read Still Life with June.