[ExI] commentary by one of ours

Darren Greer darren.greer3 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 02:34:33 UTC 2011

2011/12/3 spike <spike66 at att.net>

> ** **
>

> **
>
> Hey Darren, your YouTube ad worked: it created in me a desire to read your
> book.  Regardless if I follow through and read it or not, the ad did what
> ads do: it informed and compelled me.

Very cool. The publisher created it because it was up for one of those
public voter-type deals here in Canada, and they thought it would boost its
chances. I notice it hasn't been viewed very much, but it is good to know
it peaked someone's interest.

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> I see it is big on the LGBT lists.

Yes, but it's not at all a 'gay' book. The narrator is gay and mentions
it incidentally I think about twice.  It's important to the plot in some
respects, but it doesn't at all define it. I have a new book coming out
this spring, and there is not a gay character in it. I got tired of being
called a "gay" author.

Thanks for the interest, Spike. Much appreciated.

Darren