[ExI] is a FTL drive a dream without any physics to back it up?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 14:18:32 UTC 2011

On 18 December 2011 02:46, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you send seeds that know their origin, and are designed to want to
> send back information, then it is indeed more satisfying than Voyager,
> which is definitely a one way communication with minimal chance of
> ever even being found, except by the future "us", in which case it
> will just get put back into the Smithsonian air and space museum...
> LOL.

Yes. This would however exclude probiotes as well...

One of the problems I see with the idea that we were "seeded" by
> extraterrestrials is that we aren't quite programmed with the
> information to communicate back with whoever put us here... Seems a
> little too primitive to just send out protein sequences... So I think
> I'll stick with the theory that we evolved naturally in place...until
> better evidence for the other comes in.

I am not entirely certain of what "intentionality" and "motives" may mean
out of  a strictrly anthropmorphic reference framework (heck, more than
subtle differences exist even from one culture and age to another), but
besides the distinct possibility that cosmic panspermia, if it takes place
at all, could be a "natural" process, extraterrestrials may not really care
for feedbacks as much you and I do...

--
Stefano Vaj