[ExI] netwonmas wisecracks

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Dec 24 01:42:09 UTC 2011

This year I have seen a deplorable lack of Christmas wisecracks in this
forum.  Unacceptable.

Last year I told of the three amigos, my son and his two cousins, aged 4, 5
and 7 respectively.  The seven year old told the other two there is a
Christmas song about a guy who eats peoples' faces off.  Sure enough, when
they got to the part about ".Jack Frost nipping at your nose." they shrieked
in horror and fled from the room, much to the consternation of the adults.

I still have problems with some of the lyrics of the songs that are
mercilessly pounded into our consciousness this time of year.  For instance,
".the ox and lamp kept time, pa rumpa pum pum."  Is that creepy or what?
What were these two beasts actually doing to "keep time?"  Were they tapping
their hooves?  Swaying to the beat?  Either way, would that freak you out or
what?