[ExI] The Catholic Impact (was Re: Origin of ethics and morals)

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 08:47:09 UTC 2011

2011/12/22 Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>:
> On 22 December 2011 15:35, Mirco Romanato <painlord2k at libero.it> wrote:
>>
> And, yes, some identities are more impervious than others to integration. To
> be admitted as a Japanese in the Japanese society is virtually impossible in
> spite of its very low degree of xenophobia, for instance.

Sorry to barge into the middle of this... but while Japan is not
xenophobic in the sense of ideas or visiting people, they are still
one of the most "racially pure" focused peoples on earth. Racism (such
as against Koreans) is still pretty widespread in Japan, is it not? It
sure seemed to be an issue with Japanese people I knew 15 or 20 years
ago.

And I would add parenthetically, that Japan suffers greatly from the
lack of an imported underclass... their population/age dynamic is
messed up! No kids, lots of old people... it's gonna bite them hard,
and probably already is.

-Kelly